Sunday, August 31, 2008

hello, amsterdam!

i arrived back at the ankerplaats in amsterdam yesterday morning. total jetlag, with one hour of sleep on the plane. i'm really not good with sleeping on planes, and being uncomfortably close to people everywhere doesn't help me to relax. coming home here though is the best feeling ever. the house smells of fresh varnish and vanilla and my mom and katrina were just as excited to see me as i was them. although i was exhausted beyond belief, i made it all the way through midnight with an action packed day. hung out with my boyfriend, hung out with my best friend, and went to a house party where i saw everyone else who i haven't seen in awhile. after 4 glasses of wine i had to trek home and immediately passed out on my warm bed.

today i walked around the shops with my sister, which was nice because we hadn't done it in awhile. we both had been wanting some doc martens, and after deep consideration we each bought a pair and wore them out of the store. they were pricey, but the shoes are so versatile and perfect for everyday flats that it's hard to say no. met mom for nachos at Goodies, and came home for some dawsons and rest before going to a movie. feels so great to be home!

leotard: AA
shorts: salvation army
boots: doc martens
bag: topshop
hat: H&M

3 comments:

Lula said...

Such a great blog ! I love your pics, hehe :D

Piece by Peace said...

You look so cute! And I'm really jealous you have a house in amsterdam. Love your blog by the way!

blackbleach said...

you look awesome! those striped shorts + black leotard are a perfect match
:)
www.blackbleach.com